Forgive Max. He takes his QI duties very seriously.
Then life changed very drastically and I have only recently found a somewhat settled place. (P. probably thought I'd forgotten about it or lost it since I've made so many moves.) I began working on it again. The center is quilted in a spiral and the plate itself is merely outlined so it will pop. I began quilting the black fabric outside of the Dresden, and decided I didn't like it. No worries, I'd just rip out the quilting in that one corner (the one without pins) and start again.
Except....! I put a hole in it with the seam ripper. I am just so not happy about that.
Now, I am left with two choices: take it apart and try to put it back together with an un-holed piece of black, or applique something on top of the hole. I am loathe to do either. I have discovered that dismantling and reassembling rarely results in a satisfactory outcome. However, I am afraid any applique I could add would take away from the Dresden I was trying so hard to perfectly showcase.
Anyway, quilters, I am open to suggestions.