Thursday, February 2, 2012

Maple Leaf Table Runner

So my mom's Christmas gift ~ the Maple Leaf table runner ~ was a little late.  You see, I had left myself just enough time to make it before Christmas, but then my mom and I got this great idea to make hand-made gifts for almost everyone with whom we exchange gifts.  That blew my well-planned thought I could eke by schedule into total chaos.  My mom graciously agreed to be patient about receiving her own hand-made gift.

I consoled myself that since the table-runner was seasonal, for use in the Fall, she would still receive it well in advance of when she would be using it.

I spent more time quilting it than I did piecing it.  As I've become more comfortable with free motion quilting, it seems with every project, I feel compelled to try something new, which also tends to make the process longer.


My mom has found a way to use the table-runner now.  It now resides on the back of the sofa where she can enjoy it.

She has told me that for next Christmas, she would like a table-topper like the ones I made for P. at The Way I Sew It, and my cousin, Lori.  To that end, I have left the Christmas fabrics out and will start on it as soon as I am done with the baby quilt that must be completed by April. Next year, her gift will be on time!

I'm linking up at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  Click on the button below, and join in the fun!



Edit: Although I knew Elizabeth at Such a Sew and Sew was having a February Finishes linky party, I didn't realize I could link up already.  I thought it would be at the end of the month.  Apparently, it is ongoing.  So, I'm linking up there too!


16 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Your quilting is so nice. Love the swirlies in the leaves especially, but the whole thing is quilted just beautifully. By the way, a photo of the table topper you gave me has been pinned by someone on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very impressed with your fmq'ing - gorgeous finish

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous, Michelle! Your FMQ skills are really humming along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely quilt. And your skills in fmq is wonderful. You are getting very good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really lovely -and your quilting is stunning!!! Well worth the wait, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful table runner! It looks great on the back of the sofa too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, I absolutely love how you quilting this! I've told you before that you were my inspiration to learn FMQ. This runner is so beautiful and definitely deserves a whoop whoop! *shameless plug* I would love it if you linked up on my February Finishes too.

    Congrats on such a beautiful finish!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks wonderful and I think your Mom would agree it was worth the wait Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job on the machine quilting! Congrats on finishing your project:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome quilting and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice table runner! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quilting on a fun table runner. Love those colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job! The colors are very eye catching & your quilting is great! Whoop Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Michelle, what a beautiful table runner. I'm sure your mum was thrilled to bits to receive it from you. Lots of gorgeous work. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice finish I found this on a stitch in time feb finish page.

    http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
    Stop by for my quilt givaway to guess my babys b-day and weight.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty. Love the quilting on it, & it looks wonderful on the back of sofa

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day. :-)