Friday, April 16, 2010

The Last of the Hand-quilting for the Season


For this week's finish, I got these two blocks hand-quilted (along with a bit of the border). I can usually do about 3 per week just sitting in front of the TV in the evening. This makes 48 out of 53 blocks done on this quilt. I started in November.


The pattern is called Lucky Star. I like it because it gives the illusion of curved pieces.


Hand-quilting season is about to come to an end. I can see the writing on the wall. The temperatures here in southern Nevada are warming enough that it will soon be too hot for me to hold the quilt in my lap. So it looks like this quilt will have to wait until next winter to get completely finished. The only good news about that, is that hand-quilting season gives way to hand-piecing season. :-)

12 comments:

  1. Your hand quilting is amazing! Stitches so fine and straight, wow. Yes, It does give the illusion of curves--so cool! My house is cold all summer because N. likes to crank the AC. I should do some hand quilting to keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful is this! I love handwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the illusion these blocks create. Will this quilt be for your self? Wow that is a lot of hand quilting. My praises.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt. Hand quilting a big quilt is a BIG committment. I know. It is a very interesting block. Your quilting looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe... hand quilting takes such patience, but I can see it'll be well worth the wait! Gorgeous!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting is beautiful, all by hand! Did you piece it by hand too? the star is neat, definitively a wavy feeling.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's amazing, great job! I have to give it to you for doing so much by hand!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - this is impressive!!! I love how all the blocks look so different, and yet so good with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly fabulous quilt! Love those blocks. That's quite a bit of hand quilting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning quilt, takes my breath away! To me there is something oddly reassuring in beautiful craftsmanship like yours, so I am always excited to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Your stitches are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day. :-)