Like many of my projects, I got so far with it, and then got distracted. In this case, I have did get the 16 blocks sashed and joined together before going off on another tangent. So here's where I'm picking up.
At this point, I need to add some borders. I began auditioning borders, and decided the first border around would be 2" and green. I plan to add a 4" inch border of the same white on beige fabric that is in the sashing, and finally another 2" green border. (That big 4 inch white on beige border will give me lots of space to improve my FMQ skills. HA!)
The outermost border will be composed of 6" butterfly blocks like the ones below. I *think* I need 52 of them. So far I have 20 done.
I want to extend my thanks to Amy for hosting Sew and Tell Fridays. :-) This is my first Sew and Tell, and I'm excited to see what everyone else is doing.