Sunday, August 15, 2010

Such a Sweet Surprise

This afternoon, I found a note in my inbox from P. over at The Way I Sew It.  She had awarded me The Versatile Blogger award!  I was totally surprised and honored.  Thanks P.!  I'm not sure I've reached the level of versatility implied by the award, but I am working on it.  This is certainly encouraging.


The award comes with a few easy rules, and I am more than pleased to adhere to them.
  • Thank the person who gave you the award.  (Yep, got that one covered.)
  • Tell 7 things about yourself.
  • Award 15 other bloggers that you enjoy reading.
7 Things About Me:
  1. I'm an only child (and I did learn to share).
  2. I love to read science fiction and mysteries, and all genres in between.  
  3. I am both a liberal and a conservative--it depends on the issue.  Consequently, I have no representatives in the Congress or the Senate since they are so polarized.
  4. I have no phobias about insects or spiders in general, but maggots really give me the willies.
  5. I loved watching B movies with my dad.  He gave a running commentary that was just hysterical.
  6. My favorite subject in college was chemistry.
  7. My favorite TV show at the moment is Memphis Beat.
15 Bloggers who are receiving the Versatile Blogger Award from me (in no particular order):
  1. Astrid at Grandma's Red Needle
  2. Elaazan at Huisvlyt
  3. ThreeUnderTwo at Lit and Laundry
  4. Eric at The Empirical Manifesto
  5. Valentina at Valentina's Corner
  6. Marg at Sunshine? Paradise?
  7. Roslyn at Ros-the-Quilter
  8. Suzanne at Coloradolady
  9. Cynthia at Home Matters 1st
  10. Rita at Quiltpiecer
  11. Andrea at Lush Stuff
  12. Liz at Brambleberry Cottage
  13. Nima at Made to Treasure
  14. Carrie at A Passion for Applique
  15. Erica at Scrappy Threads
Now if P. hadn't just given the award to Mrs. Pyjamas at Quilting in My Pyjamas, Joy at Taradiddle and Malarky, Carla at Sew It Up Baby, Kristen at So Happy, Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, and Elizabeth at Such a Sew and Sew, I would have given them the Versatile Blogger award too.  But I didn't want any of them to get too full of themselves.  ;-)  (Just kidding Ladies!).  Seriously, this way, I get to spread the admiration a bit further.  There are so many wonderful bloggers, and I feel blessed to be part of a really special group in the blogging community.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, Michelle! Thanks for your kind words! I felt the same way about you, too! We've got a mutual admiration society going..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michelle! I am honoured!!!!
    Elzaan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot, Michelle! Totally unexpected! It'll take me some days to work on it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, I am so honoured and frankly I am giggling and tickled pink!
    Thank you so very very much., for even thinking of me. I am now in a bind, as I decided from the beginning to be an award free blog. ( I shot myself in the foot, didn't I!) LOL
    So I accept this award from you as an honour and a sign of friendship, and kindly ask you to pass it on to someone else. ( Wait wait, let me caress it one more time! :)
    With much love,
    Valentina
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle...Thank you so much for the award...I'm honoured..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Michelle, I will endeavor to continue to provide versatility in my blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle, what a sweet thing to do. I really appreciate the award. I will have to think about what 7 things I am willing to publicly share!! There are so many good blogs, it will be hard to decide who to pass it on to. I know we have many in common!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! Give me a little time to whittle my list down to 15 and repost this. I am really honored!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your award. You definitely deserve it. I am honored that you would choose me to receive it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, thank you so much! My first award and I am honored and thrilled. I'm still in shock!I'll need a little time to work on my lists but I am so appreciative. Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much Michelle,this is my first blog award. It makes me wnt to keep working on and improving my blog. Thanks for the motivation. I see a few faces there in the comments that I would def have on my list of 15,but you got there before me!!! Now I am off to think of 7 interesting things about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michelle, you totally deserve it!

    I think my head is getting a little big, though ;).

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day. :-)