Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Other QI

Many months ago, I introduced you to Marko, my cousins' Maine Coon.  He proved his quilt inspection abilities early on.





There is another cat in the household though.  She goes by the name of Molly Baggins.  My cousins rescued her.  They were told that she is only three years old, but she acts like an old lady.  She's overweight, and behaves like she is in pain when we pick her up.  The vet gave her a clean bill of health, but we're considering getting another opinion. 

With her rather sloth-like demeanor, Molly Baggins has always excelled at laying on anything soft.  I was not convinced that proved her ability as a Quilt Inspector.  However, yesterday with a considerable effort to haul her not insignificant mass up onto the sewing table, she has now clearly earned the title.




Doesn't she look like she's smiling?

I removed her from the quilt with much protest on her part, so I could continue my free motion quilting.  When a couple of phone calls took me away from the quilt, I returned to find her planted on it yet again.  I took that as a sign to call it a day and permitted her to fulfill her quilt inspection duties uninterrupted.


9 comments:

  1. What a hoot! I'd love to have a QI of my own, but my husband is adamant - no more animals!!! I love her name.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats will always find the softest and usually the most inconvenient place to decide to get comfy . One of mine does that all the time.

    Miss Molly does look like she's smiling in that picture. I would have left her in peace too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That certainly looks like one happy cat.
    Love Marko's pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me laugh! I love QI's. They are just the best. At least you know your quilt is adequate...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. she looks like a contented kitty for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And a mighty fine quilt inspector you have there. A quilt blessed by a cat sleep during its creation is a a very wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's darling. I especially love her sweet name. ☺ What fun to have a friend with you as you quilt. Makes me miss our calico kitty, Pebbles.

    I'm completely marveling over your quilting skills. I'm so scared to start quilting on my machine! LOL

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some very cute inspectors there. Yes, Molly does look like she is smiling. She is happy laying on your lovely quilt.
    Hey thanks for stopping by my blog. Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. Always glad to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that last picture. And her name, Molly Baggins, is so adorable! Sorry your work was interrupted, but at least you know that your quilt has been thoroughly inspected.

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day. :-)