Sunday, December 18, 2011

Monday Miscellaneous

Custom pillowcases:

I used the tutorial at Film in the Fridge to make the two sets of pillowcases featured below.

The zebra striped cases are a Christmas gift for my nine year old cousin. After relocating to Kansas she asked her mother to paint her new room purple with zebra stripes.  So three walls are purple and one wall is indeed zebra striped. It's quite striking.

My mother has made a zebra striped fleece throw for her as well. 


Her brother, my young 11 year old old cousin, is into skulls.  I made these last winter for his birthday.  He very politely thanked me for them. I noticed them on his bed quite a few times.  However, I had no idea what a hit I'd made with them until his mother told me that when she takes them off to wash them and replaces them with others, he immediately puts the skulls back on when they come out of the laundry.  That's the kind of news that makes this quilter smile!

So new skull pillowcases for Christmas.  I hope he likes them as well as the others.


What do the following two items have in common?




Laptop and lapcat:

This new quilt inspector is appropriately named Lovebug, because that is exactly what she is.  She has absolutely no issue with laying on the laptop if I do not make space for her.  Yeah, I really can't complain about that too much.

(You can see a slice of the cheerful quilted table-topper / wall-hanging that P from The Way I Sew It made for me.  Thanks P.!  But that's another blog topic for another day.)

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when you know someone really loves what you made for them. Good to see you back into sewing again.
    Lovebug looks very settled on your lap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pillowcases are awesome! I'm sure they're going to go over big. When I made some last year for gifts, I had enough of the '50s drive-in print to make one more, and believe me, I steal that out of the linen closet to use myself whenever I can. There's just something about quilting cotton, I think, that makes them extra soft, plus the fun prints.

    Lovebug the lapcat is adorable--as are you! Nice pic. You both look pretty comfy there together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - I'm sure they'll be a big hit! Pretty kitty - I wouldn't mind her either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute kitty-cat.

    Love the pillowcases! Those skulls are wild! And I love the zebra print. What thoughtful gifts. Those are the best kind.

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  5. kids like the most unusual things don't they - I bet they will love their presents!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea for the kids. Having seen their rooms, I can see why they will just love them.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day. :-)